Last Updated: October 19, 2017
FOR YODERM'S HANDLING OF YOUR PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION (PHI) AND YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING PHI PLEASE VIEW OUR HIPAA AUTHORIZATION BY CLICKING HERE.
We collect information about you in various ways when you use our Services. We collect personal information you provide to us. For example, we collect your name, picture, email address, postal address, phone number, fax number, personal habits, demographics and other information you provide us on our Services. We also collect credit card numbers and other payment information if you purchase products or our services from us or from an affiliated health care provider through our Services. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect on our Services.
If you become a patient of a health care provider affiliated with YoDerm, with your consent we may collect health information about you relating to your treatment such as your medical history, acne history, and allergies to medications to provide you with continuous services through other affiliated health care providers.
When you visit our Services, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you visit our Services your computer's operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before our site are logged automatically. We also collect information about your usage and activity and information about your device, such as your device and operating system type, wireless carrier, and device IDs, on our mobile applications.
Web Beacons. We may collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Services or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Simply put: We collect different types of information from you including the data you provide, information your Provider provides, and data we track.
USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use personal information collected through our Services for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Services or in connection with our services. For example, we may use your information to:
- Operate and improve our Services, products, and services;
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Services, products, and services;
- Refer you to a health care professional for consultation and treatment;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Provide and deliver products and services you request;
- Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about new contests, promotions, and rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by YoDerm and our selected partners;
- Link or combine it with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
YoDerm may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
Simply put: Internally, we use the personal information you provide us to improve your experience.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our Services allow you to connect and share your actions, content, and information on third party websites and services. Please be mindful of your own privacy needs as you choose who to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public.
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
- with your consent, for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with other third parties, such as physicians and other health care providers when you request a consultation, subject to their separate privacy policies;
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us and need access to your information to do that work;
- in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company.
We may also share aggregated or deidentified information.
Simply put: we may disclose information to third parties who help provide the service to you (your Physician, our server host, etc.) but we do not sell your information.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
YoDerm takes reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from YoDerm by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we will cease to send you any communications or subscriptions. To opt out, either click the "unsubscribe" button at the bottom of the email, or reply to the email with the word "unsubscribe" in the body of the reply email.
You may also send requests about your contact preferences, changes to your information including requests to opt-out of sharing your personal information with third parties by emailing email@example.com.
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our website.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
YoDerm may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the "Last Updated" date above.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. or send us a note at:
330 2nd St. STE# 201
Oakland CA 94607
Thanks again for using YoDerm :-)